To raise awareness of the importance of health and safety in the workplace, a variety of marketing and social media activities take place across Canada. Some target sector specific hazards and others are aimed demographically such as at young workers. With changing seasons, there are also communications to combat heat stress or harsh outdoor working conditions. You can find some examples of these prevention campaigns below.
- Oregon State Accident Insurance Fund – Go Ergo! Rap March 20, 2015
- Manitoba – SAFE Work on Wheels October 28, 2014
SAFE Work Manitoba recently launched SAFE Work on Wheels. This mobile unit visits worksites and gives in person safety presentations on fall protection, hand safety, eye safety and safe lifting. Find out more at SAFE Work on Wheels or check out the video below.
- Manitoba – Spot the Hazard, Report the Hazard June 25, 2014
WCB Manitoba has launched a new prevention campaign: Spot the Hazard. Report the Hazard.
Check out the TV ad below.
- Manitoba – Reporting workplace injuries matters May 22, 2014
See WCB Manitoba’s website for more information on its Reporting workplace injuries matters campaign.
Check out the new campaign’s TV ad below:
- Manitoba – Safety is a Language we can ALL speak March 19, 2014
SAFE Work Manitoba launched a new public awareness campaign focused on the language barriers new Canadians face in the workplace and their impact on safety and health. For more information, see SAFE Work Manitoba’s website at: Safety is a Language We Can All Speak.
Here are two of the TV ads that are part of the campaign:
- Saskatchewan – Distracted Driving March 11, 2014
- British Columbia – Bullying and harassment prevention tool kit March 11, 2014
WorkSafeBC has specific policy dealing with bullying and harassment. See some of its resources below or go to the WorkSafeBC website for the full catalogue of resources at: Bullying and harassment prevention tool kit.
WorkSafeBC - Bullying and harassment are not tolerated poster
For more posters, see WorkSafeBC's website at WorkSafeBC - Bullying and harassment prevention toolkit.
WorkSafeBC - Worker-to-worker bullying and harassment video
For more videos, see WorkSafeBC's website at WorkSafeBC - Bullying and harassment prevention toolkit.
- Nova Scotia – What Matters Most February 27, 2014
- Nova Scotia – Fishing Safety Facebook Page February 27, 2014
The WCB of Nova Scotia is working in partnership with several provincial agencies including the Department of Labour and Advanced Education, the Fishing Safety Association and the Fishing Sector Council, to help build a safety culture within Nova Scotia’s Fishing Industry. Visit their fishing safety awareness Facebook page .
- Nova Scotia – Young Workers – Don’t leave your words behind February 27, 2014
Visit Nova Scotia's Young Worker site for more information on young worker resources for young workers, their parents, their employers and educators.