- Health Canada Updates Risks of Asbestos July 14, 2015
Health Canada recently updated its website regarding asbestos risks. It removed the reference that chrysotile, a type of asbestos mined in Canada, may cause less health damage than other types of asbestos. To see the updated online information, see Health Canada’s website at: Health risks of asbestos.
- WorkSafe Saskatchewan donation to CNIB from sale of Mission: Zero safety glasses July 3, 2015
WorkSafe Saskatchewan, in partnership with the Saskatchewan Roughriders, Weber Supply, 3M Canada and Federated Co-op donated $134,487.45 to the Canadian National Institute for the Blind – Saskatchewan (CNIB), the largest single campaign donation the local office has ever received. The money was raised through the sale of Mission: Zero safety glasses. The cheque was presented June 19, 2015, at the Saskatchewan Roughrider football game.
To see the full news release, see WorkSafe Saskatchewan’s website at: WorkSafe Saskatchewan presents CNIB with $134,487.45.
- Manitoba government introduces new PTSD legislation June 10, 2015
The Province of Manitoba has introduced new legislation to recognize post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as a work-related occupational disease for all workers. To learn more, see the Manitoba government’s News Release.
- “It’s Your Job!” Video Contest Winners June 8, 2015
The national winners for CCOHS’s “It’s Your Job!” Video Contest have been announced. To see the winning videos, go to CCOH’s website at: It’s Your Job Youth Video Contest 2015.
- Ontario Mining Safety Review June 8, 2015
In an effort to improve under mine safety, Ontario’s Ministry of Labour has published its final report and recommendations as part of its Mining Health, Safety and Prevention Review.
For more information, including the full report and recommendations, see the Ministry of Labour’s website at: Final Report: Mining Health, Safety and Prevention Review.
- Job Posting – Saskatchewan WCB – Director, Prevention May 25, 2015
Summary: Reporting to the Vice President of Prevention & Employer Services, the Director, Prevention is responsible for leadership in achieving the goals and objectives of the WCB, WorkSafe Saskatchewan and Mission Zero. The Director, Prevention is accountable for: Continue reading →
- Job Posting – Saskatchewan WCB – Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist – Regina May 6, 2015
Summary: The Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist participates as a member of a case management team and is involved in the management of individual cases. You will provide information; assistance and counseling to clients returning to the labour force by helping the client develop a vocational rehabilitation plan. This will include guiding the client through upgrading, retraining and job search strategies and negotiating employment placements. Continue reading →
- WorkSafeBC Research Grants – Request for Proposals May 4, 2015
WorkSafeBC issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) as part of its Specific Priorities Research Grants competition. The purpose of this competition is to develop a better understanding on specific issues relating to: Continue reading →
- NAOSH Week: May 3-9, 2015 April 30, 2015
May 3rd to 9th is North American Occupation Safety & Health (NAOSH) Week. Find out more at: North American Occupational Safety and Health Week.
- Benefits jurisdictional comparisons updated April 29, 2015
The following benefits-related tables have been updated on AWCBC’s website for 2015:
- Key Benefits Information
- Maximum Earnings Covered
- Waiting Periods
- CPP/QPP Offset
- Temporary Disability Benefits – Wage Loss Benefits
- Permanent Disability Awards
- Dependency Benefits and Fatalities
- Expense Rates
- Healthcare Service Provider Fees
- Pre-Existing Conditions / Aggravation
- Minors, Volunteers, Learners, Apprentices and Students
- Payment of Compensation Benefits
- Compilation of all AWCBC Benefits & Rehabilitation Tables
For additional information on workers’ compensation benefits, please see the Benefits section on AWCBC’s website.
- About AWCBC
- Summary Tables
- Injury Statistics: Lost Time
- Injury Statistics: Fatalities
- Key Statistical Measures
- Request Customized Lost Time Injury, Disease and Fatality Data
- Download Injury and Fatality Publication
- Fact Sheets
- Media & Research
- Social Media