- WCB PEI Eliminating Waiting Period October 27, 2015
The Workers Compensation Board (WCB) of Prince Edward Island is taking steps to provide more support to injured workers by eliminating a 2 day waiting period before benefits begin. If the legislative amendment to eliminate the wait period for workers is passed in the upcoming session, the changes to the Workers Compensation Act would be effective January 1, 2016.
For more information, see WCB PEI’s website at: WCB Eliminates Wait period for Injured Workers.
- 2016 Maximum Assessable / Insurable Earnings October 9, 2015
2016 Maximum Assessable / Insurable Earnings are being posted on our website at Maximum Assessable / Insurable Earnings as they are released.
This page will be updated periodically until all jurisdictions have released their 2016 maximums. If the jurisdiction you are looking for is not included, try the WCB’s website directly to see if this information is available. Links to WCB websites can be found at: Boards/ Commissions.
- 2016 Provisional Average Assessment Rates September 22, 2015
2016 Provisional Average Assessment Rates are being posted on our website at Provisional Average Assessment Rates as they are released.
This page will be updated periodically until all jurisdictions have released their 2016 rates. If the jurisdiction you are looking for is not included, try the WCB’s website directly to see if this information is available. Links to WCB websites can be found at: Boards/ Commissions.
- WorkSafeBC: YouTube Channel exceeds 25 million views August 28, 2015
Since its launch almost a decade ago, the WorkSafeBC YouTube channel has received more than 25 million views and has more than 18,000 subscribers.
To find out more, see WorkSafeBC’s website at: WorkSafeBC safety videos exceed 25 million views on YouTube since 2006.
Visit WorkSafeBC’s YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/worksafebc.
- WorkSafeBC: Request for Proposals for Innovation at Work August 21, 2015
WorkSafeBC has issued a Request for Proposals for Innovation at Work, in partnership with the Workers’ Compensation Board of Manitoba, WorkSafe Saskatchewan, the Workers’ Compensation Board of Nova Scotia, the Alberta Job, Skills, Training and Labour Department, and WorkSafeNB. Continue reading →
- 2014 Key Statistical Measures available August 12, 2015
2014 Key Statistical Measures (KSMs) are being released as available. Over the coming weeks, as jurisdictional data is submitted and approved, it will be posted online. KSMs are available in the following formats:
- Create Customized KSM Report: Create your own KSM charts and tables.
- Annual KSM Standard Report: Displays all KSMs available for a given year.
- Comparison of legislation definitions updated August 5, 2015
Comparisons of workers’ compensation legislation definitions have been updated on AWCBC’s website for 2015. See Legislation & Policy and click on “Workers’ Compensation Legislation Definitions”.
For additional comparative tables on workers’ compensation legislation and policy, please see the Legislation & Policy section on AWCBC’s website.
- New Brunswick Legislative Review August 5, 2015
The Department of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour, in collaboration with WorkSafeNB, is sponsoring a multi-stage legislative review of New Brunswick’s workers’ compensation. Continue reading →
- PREMUS call for abstracts on musculoskeletal disorders August 4, 2015
Taking place June 20-23, 2016 in Toronto, Canada at the Allstream Centre, PREMUS 2016 is the Ninth International Scientific Conference on the Prevention of Work-Related Musculoskeletal Disorders. The 2016 conference is being hosted by the Institute for Work & Health (IWH). Continue reading →
- Job Posting – Saskatchewan WCB – Ergonomics Specialist July 31, 2015
Summary: As a member of the Prevention and Employer Services team, you will provide expert advice, education, resource development and promotion as a means to reduce musculoskeletal injuries through evidence-based analysis. Common groupings such as manual material handling, handling of people and repetitive motion in various industries and occupations will dictate services to be provided.
Deadline: September 15, 2015
- About AWCBC
- Summary Tables
- Injury Statistics: Lost Time
- Injury Statistics: Fatalities
- Key Statistical Measures
- Request Customized Lost Time Injury, Disease and Fatality Data
- Download Injury and Fatality Publication
- Fact Sheets
- Media & Research