- 2014 National Work Injury, Disease and Fatalities Statistics available February 3, 2016
2014 National Work Injury, Disease and Fatalities Statistics (NWISP) data is now available. For more information, see our Statistics page.
- Ontario Announces New PTSD Strategy for First Responders February 3, 2016
Ontario is putting in place a number of new initiatives to help prevent or mitigate the risk of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) among first responders. To find out more, visit the Government of Ontario’s website at: Ontario Announces New PTSD Strategy for First Responders.
- Manitoba – Workers Compensation Act Review January 22, 2016
The Manitoba Government will launch a comprehensive review of the Workers Compensation Act this year as required by the act. A committee has been formed to review workers’ compensation legislation to ensure it continues to meet the needs of both workers and employers in Manitoba’s changing workplaces.
For more information, including some of the issues the committee will review, see the Government of Manitoba’s website at: Manitoba government to launch comprehensive review of Workers Compensation Act.
- New manufacturing safety association in Manitoba January 19, 2016
Made Safe was launched as a new safety association dedicated to reducing workplace injury and illness throughout Manitoba’s manufacturing industry.
For more information, see SAFE Work Manitoba’s website at: New association aims to enhance safety and health in Manitoba’s manufacturing workplaces.
- Quebec: CSST and others have merged to form CNESST January 11, 2016
Montreal Gazette (January 2016):
Three government organizations that deal with rights in the workplace have merged into one, called the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé ET de la sécurité du travail (CNESST). Continue reading →
- WorkSafe Saskatchewan: Young and New Worker Safety Orientation December 14, 2015
WorkSafe Saskatchewan introduces new resource for employers Young and New Worker Orientation resource to help employers reach Mission: Zero.
The Young and New Worker Orientation resource and the orientation checklist are available for download at www.worksafesask.ca/resources/publications/.
- WorkSafe Saskatchewan has Launched 6 new safety posters December 1, 2015
New WorkSafe Posters now online – order yours today! For more information, see WorkSafe Saskatchewan’s website at: Order Free Posters
- WCB Manitoba introducing new rate model November 23, 2015
The Workers Compensation Board (WCB) of Manitoba is introducing changes to its current rate model.
- Safety Associations in PEI November 9, 2015
A change has been made to PEI’s Workers Compensation Act to allow for the establishment and funding of safety associations. For more information, see WCB PEI’s website at: Partnering to provide safe work environments.
- WCB PEI Eliminating Waiting Period October 27, 2015
The Workers Compensation Board (WCB) of Prince Edward Island is taking steps to provide more support to injured workers by eliminating a 2 day waiting period before benefits begin. If the legislative amendment to eliminate the wait period for workers is passed in the upcoming session, the changes to the Workers Compensation Act would be effective January 1, 2016.
For more information, see WCB PEI’s website at: WCB Eliminates Wait period for Injured Workers.
- About AWCBC
- Summary Tables
- Injury Statistics: Lost Time
- Injury Statistics: Fatalities
- Key Statistical Measures
- Request Customized Lost Time Injury, Disease and Fatality Data
- Download Injury and Fatality Publication
- Fact Sheets
- Media & Research