- WorkSafeBC issues RFP for Research Grants related to static electricity in a combustible dust environment August 9, 2016
WorkSafeBC’s Specific Priorities Research Grants were launched in 2014 to help answer key questions in occupational health and safety and workers’ compensation. The grants support research of immediate relevance and encourage the development of new ideas and approaches. Continue reading →
- New First Nation safety association launches in Saskatchewan July 12, 2016
REGINA LEADER-POST // A new organization hopes to improve the occupational health and safety of employees working for First Nations and First Nation businesses. Continue reading →
- CEO appointed to the Workers Compensation Board of PEI June 10, 2016
Luanne Gallant has been appointed to a 3-year term as CEO of the Workers Compensation Board of Prince Edward Island.
- CCOHS announces winners of national ‘Focus on Safety’ Youth Video Contest May 10, 2016
The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) has announced the winners of their national Focus on Safety Youth Video Contest. Continue reading →
- Manitoba WCB Research and Workplace Innovation Program 2016 Call for Applications February 22, 2016
The Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba is now accepting applications for funding under the Research and Workplace Innovation Program (RWIP). RWIP promotes and funds scientific research, workplace innovation, training and education projects and knowledge transfer related to prevention of occupational injuries, diseases and return to work of injured or ill workers.
- WorkSafeNB launches new OHS app February 17, 2016
WorkSafeNB, in collaboration with the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), launched a new app to help New Brunswickers better access workplace health and safety information. The NB OHS Guide app provides mobile access to the WorkSafeNB Guide to OHS Legislation.
For more information, see WorkSafeNB launches new app.
- Assessment-related jurisdictional comparisons updated – 2016 February 12, 2016
The following assessment-related tables have been updated on AWCBC’s website for 2016: Continue reading →
- 2014 National Work Injury, Disease and Fatalities Statistics available February 3, 2016
2014 National Work Injury, Disease and Fatalities Statistics (NWISP) data is now available. For more information, see our Statistics page.
- Ontario Announces New PTSD Strategy for First Responders February 3, 2016
Ontario is putting in place a number of new initiatives to help prevent or mitigate the risk of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) among first responders. To find out more, visit the Government of Ontario’s website at: Ontario Announces New PTSD Strategy for First Responders.
- Manitoba – Workers Compensation Act Review January 22, 2016
The Manitoba Government will launch a comprehensive review of the Workers Compensation Act this year as required by the act. A committee has been formed to review workers’ compensation legislation to ensure it continues to meet the needs of both workers and employers in Manitoba’s changing workplaces.
For more information, including some of the issues the committee will review, see the Government of Manitoba’s website at: Manitoba government to launch comprehensive review of Workers Compensation Act.
- About AWCBC
- Summary Tables
- Injury Statistics: Lost Time
- Injury Statistics: Fatalities
- Key Statistical Measures
- Request Customized Lost Time Injury, Disease and Fatality Data
- Download Injury and Fatality Publication
- Fact Sheets
- Media & Research