- Assessment-related jurisdictional comparisons updated – 2015 February 17, 2015
The following assessment-related tables have been updated on AWCBC’s website for 2015:
- Key Assessment Rate Information
- Process and Method of Assessment / Collection of Assessment
- Assessment / Premium Rates:
- Average Assessment Rates Per $100 Payroll, 1985 – 2015
- Assessment Rate Tables by Industry Classification
- Scope of Coverage:
- Scope of Coverage – Industries / Occupations
- Coverage for Volunteers
- Assessable Earnings:
- Maximum Assessable / Insurable Earnings History
- Assessable Earnings
- Industry Classifications and Assessment Rate Structure
- Individually Liable Employers (Self Insurers)
- Experience Rating
- Compilation of all AWCBC Assessment Tables
For additional information on workers’ compensation assessments, please see the Assessments & Premiums section on AWCBC’s website.
- New Federal Regulations for Handling Hazardous Materials February 13, 2015
The Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) has now been implemented in Canada under Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS). GHS is a standardized, internationally consistent approach to classifying chemicals that is being adopted in the United States and across Europe, Australia and Asia. Continue reading →
- BC proposes legislation to protect workers with enhanced OH&S enforcement and safety compliance February 13, 2015
The proposed revisions aim to:
- enhance penalties to negligent employers;
- provide new safety enforcement tools;
- strengthen specialized expertise at the board level; and
- address timely employer investigations.
See the Province of British Columbia’s news release at: New legislation improves worker safety.
- Job Posting – WCB Manitoba – Certification & Prevention Incentive Specialist February 13, 2015
Summary: The Certification & Prevention Incentive Specialist serves as a provincial leader in safety certification and is responsible for the overall development, implementation, promotion, and audit of the certification and prevention incentive programs. The incumbent sets standards, certifies and trains partners, grants authorizations and incentives and ensures quality and consistent application of programs across Manitoba. Continue reading →
- Job Posting – WCB Manitoba – Prevention Consultant February 12, 2015
Summary: The Prevention Consultant is responsible for developing, delivering and promoting injury prevention services to safety associations, workplaces, and other external stakeholders with the goal of positively impacting workplace injury, illness, and fatality rates.
Closing date: February 22, 2015
For more information, including contact information, job duties and qualifications, see WCB Manitoba’s website at: Job Postings – Prevention Consultant.
- “It’s Your Job!” Student Video Contest January 29, 2015
The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health & Safety (CCOHS) has launched its 2015 youth video contest. Canadian secondary school students can enter their videos to win prizes. For additional details, including links to provincial and territorial contests, see CCOHS’s website at: It’s Your Job Youth Video Contest 2015.
- About AWCBC
- Summary Tables
- Injury Statistics: Lost Time
- Injury Statistics: Fatalities
- Key Statistical Measures
- Request Customized Lost Time Injury, Disease and Fatality Data
- Download Injury and Fatality Publication
- Fact Sheets
- Media & Research