- Sunsafetyatwork.ca helps workplaces protect employees from sun exposure dangers September 16, 2016
Sun Safety at Work Canada, a research, policy, and practice partnership funded by Health Canada through the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer, has launched sunsafetyatwork.ca to support workplaces in helping protect their employees from the dangers of sun exposure at work. Continue reading →
- National and provincial governments aim to harmonize OHS requirements September 13, 2016
Governments across the country are aiming to harmonize occupational health and safety requirements to make it easier for businesses who do work in different provinces and territories to adhere to the rules. Continue reading →
- WCB Celebrates 100 Years of Serving Manitobans September 1, 2016
One hundred years ago, on September 1, 1916, 14 staff members gathered in the Paris Building on Portage Avenue in Winnipeg to form the Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba. Continue reading →
- WorkSafeBC issues RFP for Research Grants related to static electricity in a combustible dust environment August 9, 2016
WorkSafeBC’s Specific Priorities Research Grants were launched in 2014 to help answer key questions in occupational health and safety and workers’ compensation. The grants support research of immediate relevance and encourage the development of new ideas and approaches. Continue reading →
- New First Nation safety association launches in Saskatchewan July 12, 2016
REGINA LEADER-POST // A new organization hopes to improve the occupational health and safety of employees working for First Nations and First Nation businesses. Continue reading →
- CEO appointed to the Workers Compensation Board of PEI June 10, 2016
Luanne Gallant has been appointed to a 3-year term as CEO of the Workers Compensation Board of Prince Edward Island.
- CCOHS announces winners of national ‘Focus on Safety’ Youth Video Contest May 10, 2016
The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) has announced the winners of their national Focus on Safety Youth Video Contest. Continue reading →
- Manitoba WCB Research and Workplace Innovation Program 2016 Call for Applications February 22, 2016
The Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba is now accepting applications for funding under the Research and Workplace Innovation Program (RWIP). RWIP promotes and funds scientific research, workplace innovation, training and education projects and knowledge transfer related to prevention of occupational injuries, diseases and return to work of injured or ill workers.
- WorkSafeNB launches new OHS app February 17, 2016
WorkSafeNB, in collaboration with the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), launched a new app to help New Brunswickers better access workplace health and safety information. The NB OHS Guide app provides mobile access to the WorkSafeNB Guide to OHS Legislation.
For more information, see WorkSafeNB launches new app.
- Assessment-related jurisdictional comparisons updated – 2016 February 12, 2016
The following assessment-related tables have been updated on AWCBC’s website for 2016: Continue reading →