WorkplaceNL is currently hiring for the position of Financial Analyst in St. John’s, NL. The closing date is March 3, 2023.
Competition Number: 23 02 02
Employment Type: Permanent
Position Status: Bargaining (NAPE)
Location: St. John’s, NL
Closing Date: March 3, 2023
Salary Scale: $71,739 – $79,147 (571 Hay Points)
At WorkplaceNL, we work with workers, employers, stakeholders, and our community partners to provide occupational health and safety education and help prevent workplace injury and illness in Newfoundland and Labrador. We also provide compensation and support to injured workers and their employers during recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work.
We are currently looking for a Financial Analyst who will be accountable for monitoring and reporting WorkplaceNL’s financial position. Through participation in the preparation of annual financial statements, administration of the budget process, implementation of timely stewardship reporting, effective investment and asset management and use business case analysis, the position plays a key role in assisting the organization in monitoring and achieving corporate goals.
More about the role
Some key responsibilities of the position include:
- Prepares documents to assist in the preparation of the annual financial statements which report WorkplaceNL’s funding position to all its stakeholders.
- Responsible for participating in the preparation of the Annual Consolidated Administrative, Capital and Project Budgets.
- Responsible for both creating financial models and ensuring that the financial models established and maintained by the department accurately reflect the financial, economic and business conditions facing WorkplaceNL.
Ideal Qualifications (experience and an educational equivalency will be considered):
- Bachelor of Commerce degree, supplemented by a recognized professional accounting designation and a minimum of five years’ related experience in the preparation of financial statements and various statistical analyses.
- The successful candidate must have excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills and experience with advanced personal computer applications.
Why work with us
We offer a comprehensive rewards package that includes competitive compensation, group health, dental and vision benefits, as well as a generous paid leave program and enrollment in the Public Service Pension Plan.
Our team members can also take advantage of flexible work arrangements, opportunities for training, growth and career advancement in a safe and welcoming environment.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. This position is located in our St. John’s office, and while we offer employees a hybrid remote-work program, successful applicants must be available to work on-site each week.
If you are interested in this challenging career opportunity, send your resume and cover letter (Microsoft Word or PDF format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the competition title and number in the subject line of your email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, please visit www.workplacenl.ca