The Canada Winter Games begin tomorrow! The WCB would like to thank the numerous Islanders volunteering their time and encourage them to always keep safety in mind.
We all have the right to a safe workplace. And staying safe on the job is everyone’s responsibility.
Every person working in Prince Edward Island has:
- The right to know about information and issues that affect your workplace health and safety.
- The right to participate in your workplace safety by reporting unsafe or unhealthy work conditions, or joining your joint occupational health and safety committee.
- The right to refuse unsafe or unhealthy work.
We will also work with you to make sure you know what your responsibilities are in keeping your workplace safe.
Your responsibilities as a worker include:
- Reporting unsafe conditions and all injuries to your employer.
- Working safely and following health and safety rules.
- Asking for training if you need it.
- Using protective equipment as required.
- Cooperating with your health and safety representative or committee.
To download a Workers Health and Safety Responsibilities poster, click here.
Your responsibilities as an employer include:
- Taking every reasonable precaution to ensure the health and safety of everyone at the work site.
- Training workers on workplace risks and how to do their jobs safely.
- Maintaining equipment and providing personal protective equipment.
- Providing appropriate supervision.
To download an Employers Health and Safety Responsibilities poster, click here.
Safety is not only the right thing to do. It is the law.