WorkSafeBC issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) as part of its Specific Priorities Research Grants competition. The purpose of this competition is to develop a better understanding on specific issues relating to:
- Risk factors for amputations and other serious injuries related to safeguarding, de-energization, and lockout in the manufacturing sector in B.C.
- Mechanized harvest systems in tree falling
- Prevention of manganese exposure to workers during welding operations
- Notice of Intent Deadline: June 1, 2015
- Application Deadline: July 6, 2015
For more information including eligibility, guidelines and application forms, see WorkSafeBC’s website at: Specific Priorities Research Grants.