As a result of recent increases in COVID-19 cases in the province and growing concern over variant strains, WorkSafeNB is reminding employers of their obligations to follow Public Health measures to minimize exposure to COVID-19.
- Having a COVID-19 operational plan
- Training staff on how the plan applies to the workplace
- Watching for and adapting to revised Public Health requirements
- Reaching out to Public Health or WorkSafeNB for more information when needed
Go to Public Health for a full list of measures.
Both WorkSafeNB and the Province of New Brunswick have guides for developing and managing a COVID-19 operational plan.
- Embracing the New Normal As We Safely Return to Work (guide) (WorkSafeNB)
- COVID-19 Operational Plan template (WorkSafeNB) (Word)
- COVID-19 Operational Plan Guide (Province of New Brunswick)
Go to COVID-19 – What you Need to Know for information on prevention and compensation.
WorkSafeNB regularly updates a webpage hosting close to 60 FAQs. See detailed information on topics such as cleaning, mask use, isolation requirements and border restrictions. Workplaces can contact a member of WorkSafeNB’s Prevention team with questions not addressed in the FAQ: 1 800 999-9775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone with a health and safety concern on any workplace (on any topic) can reach out to WorkSafeNB at 1 800 999-9775.
WorkSafeNB also encourages all New Brunswickers to download the COVID Alert app.