- New manufacturing safety association in Manitoba January 19, 2016
Made Safe was launched as a new safety association dedicated to reducing workplace injury and illness throughout Manitoba’s manufacturing industry.
For more information, see SAFE Work Manitoba’s website at: New association aims to enhance safety and health in Manitoba’s manufacturing workplaces.
- Quebec: CSST and others have merged to form CNESST January 11, 2016
Montreal Gazette (January 2016):
Three government organizations that deal with rights in the workplace have merged into one, called the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé ET de la sécurité du travail (CNESST). Continue reading →
- WorkSafe Saskatchewan: Young and New Worker Safety Orientation December 14, 2015
WorkSafe Saskatchewan introduces new resource for employers Young and New Worker Orientation resource to help employers reach Mission: Zero.
The Young and New Worker Orientation resource and the orientation checklist are available for download at www.worksafesask.ca/resources/publications/.
- WorkSafe Saskatchewan has Launched 6 new safety posters December 1, 2015
New WorkSafe Posters now online – order yours today! For more information, see WorkSafe Saskatchewan’s website at: Order Free Posters
- WCB Manitoba introducing new rate model November 23, 2015
The Workers Compensation Board (WCB) of Manitoba is introducing changes to its current rate model.
- Safety Associations in PEI November 9, 2015
A change has been made to PEI’s Workers Compensation Act to allow for the establishment and funding of safety associations. For more information, see WCB PEI’s website at: Partnering to provide safe work environments.
- WCB PEI Eliminating Waiting Period October 27, 2015
The Workers Compensation Board (WCB) of Prince Edward Island is taking steps to provide more support to injured workers by eliminating a 2 day waiting period before benefits begin. If the legislative amendment to eliminate the wait period for workers is passed in the upcoming session, the changes to the Workers Compensation Act would be effective January 1, 2016.
For more information, see WCB PEI’s website at: WCB Eliminates Wait period for Injured Workers.
- 2016 Maximum Assessable / Insurable Earnings October 9, 2015
2016 Maximum Assessable / Insurable Earnings are being posted on our website at Maximum Assessable / Insurable Earnings as they are released.
This page will be updated periodically until all jurisdictions have released their 2016 maximums. If the jurisdiction you are looking for is not included, try the WCB’s website directly to see if this information is available. Links to WCB websites can be found at: Boards/ Commissions.
- 2016 Provisional Average Assessment Rates September 22, 2015
2016 Provisional Average Assessment Rates are being posted on our website at Provisional Average Assessment Rates as they are released.
This page will be updated periodically until all jurisdictions have released their 2016 rates. If the jurisdiction you are looking for is not included, try the WCB’s website directly to see if this information is available. Links to WCB websites can be found at: Boards/ Commissions.
- WorkSafeBC: YouTube Channel exceeds 25 million views August 28, 2015
Since its launch almost a decade ago, the WorkSafeBC YouTube channel has received more than 25 million views and has more than 18,000 subscribers.
To find out more, see WorkSafeBC’s website at: WorkSafeBC safety videos exceed 25 million views on YouTube since 2006.
Visit WorkSafeBC’s YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/worksafebc.
- About AWCBC
- Summary Tables
- Injury Statistics: Lost Time
- Injury Statistics: Fatalities
- Key Statistical Measures
- Request Customized Lost Time Injury, Disease and Fatality Data
- Download Injury and Fatality Publication
- Fact Sheets
- Media & Research