- Manitoba WCB Research and Workplace Innovation Program 2016 Call for Applications February 22, 2016
The Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba is now accepting applications for funding under the Research and Workplace Innovation Program (RWIP). RWIP promotes and funds scientific research, workplace innovation, training and education projects and knowledge transfer related to prevention of occupational injuries, diseases and return to work of injured or ill workers.
- WorkSafeNB launches new OHS app February 17, 2016
WorkSafeNB, in collaboration with the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), launched a new app to help New Brunswickers better access workplace health and safety information. The NB OHS Guide app provides mobile access to the WorkSafeNB Guide to OHS Legislation.
For more information, see WorkSafeNB launches new app.
- Assessment-related jurisdictional comparisons updated – 2016 February 12, 2016
The following assessment-related tables have been updated on AWCBC’s website for 2016:
- Key Assessment Rate Information
- Process and Method of Assessment / Collection of Assessment
- Assessment / Premium Rates:
- Average Assessment Rates Per $100 Payroll, 1985 – 2016
- Assessment Rates by Industry Classification
- Scope of Coverage:
- Scope of Coverage – Industries / Occupations
- Coverage for Volunteers
- Assessable Earnings:
- Maximum Assessable / Insurable Earnings History
- Assessable Earnings
- Industry Classifications and Assessment Rate Structure
- Individually Liable Employers (Self Insurers)
- Experience Rating
- Compilation of all Assessment-related Tables
For additional information on workers’ compensation assessments, please see the Assessments & Premiums section on AWCBC’s website.
- 2014 National Work Injury, Disease and Fatalities Statistics available February 3, 2016
2014 National Work Injury, Disease and Fatalities Statistics (NWISP) data is now available. For more information, see our Statistics page.
- Ontario Announces New PTSD Strategy for First Responders February 3, 2016
Ontario is putting in place a number of new initiatives to help prevent or mitigate the risk of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) among first responders. To find out more, visit the Government of Ontario’s website at: Ontario Announces New PTSD Strategy for First Responders.
- Manitoba – Workers Compensation Act Review January 22, 2016
The Manitoba Government will launch a comprehensive review of the Workers Compensation Act this year as required by the act. A committee has been formed to review workers’ compensation legislation to ensure it continues to meet the needs of both workers and employers in Manitoba’s changing workplaces.
For more information, including some of the issues the committee will review, see the Government of Manitoba’s website at: Manitoba government to launch comprehensive review of Workers Compensation Act.
- New manufacturing safety association in Manitoba January 19, 2016
Made Safe was launched as a new safety association dedicated to reducing workplace injury and illness throughout Manitoba’s manufacturing industry.
For more information, see SAFE Work Manitoba’s website at: New association aims to enhance safety and health in Manitoba’s manufacturing workplaces.
- Quebec: CSST and others have merged to form CNESST January 11, 2016
Montreal Gazette (January 2016):
Three government organizations that deal with rights in the workplace have merged into one, called the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé ET de la sécurité du travail (CNESST). Continue reading →
- WorkSafe Saskatchewan: Young and New Worker Safety Orientation December 14, 2015
WorkSafe Saskatchewan introduces new resource for employers Young and New Worker Orientation resource to help employers reach Mission: Zero.
The Young and New Worker Orientation resource and the orientation checklist are available for download at www.worksafesask.ca/resources/publications/.
- WorkSafe Saskatchewan has Launched 6 new safety posters December 1, 2015
New WorkSafe Posters now online – order yours today! For more information, see WorkSafe Saskatchewan’s website at: Order Free Posters
- About AWCBC
- Comparative Tables
- Injury Statistics: Lost Time
- Injury Statistics: Fatalities
- Key Statistical Measures
- Request Customized Lost Time Injury, Disease and Fatality Data
- Order Injury and Fatality Publication
- Fact Sheets
- Trends, Media & Research